Monday, February 16, 2009

Thing 12

Not my day! All the news sites were featuring a news story about a kid in Oklahoma torturing a cat.
I looked at them all. Didn't like the looks of reddit (okay I'm judging a book by its cover but after all I'm a quilter) Newsvine had way too many ads cluttering up things and some of them were people doing situps so the motion was very distracting from the content. I read nasty stuff about Digg changing how they did things and alienating people so I signed up for Mixx.
Then I went to the New York Times, found a nice safe article on pets and the damage smokers can do to their beloved pets. It seemed like the least I could do after reading about that poor cat.
Most of what I see on these sites is sensationalized stuff like we see in the tabloids. They seem to be mostly a waste of time. I did see the full list of presidents I'd heard about in a news story this morning. Radio said Bush was #36 and Lincoln was #1 and Buchanan was last. I wanted to see the whole thing and found it easily. Probably could have found it easily without these sites making me see the cat torture though.
So I'm not a fan!

No comments: